Monday, April 14, 2014

'Let it go' canvas

Its quite a topical expression at the moment, thanks to the song 'Let it go' from the Disney movie 'Frozen'. It has a deep significance really, to let go of whatever is holding you back and bogging you down. I wanted to make a canvas that I can look at and be reminded of that. There is so much inspirational art, quotes and expressions around at the moment, why not make your own :)

For the canvas, I wanted a stark contrast between the dark textured background and the gold embossed leaves (NAT-306) and flower (FLW-001), new in the store at Southern Ridge Trading Company.


The leaves are a pack of 8 and come in two sizes, perfect for this 5x7" canvas. The flower is a pack of 6, in various designs. I embossed a button for the flower centre. The chipboard held up really well to the Stampendous embossing enamel, and I did a number of layers in alternating colors to get this effect you can see here :


Hope you like my canvas,  appreciate the sentiment and are encouraged to 'let it go' ...
Hugs
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment