Monday, September 8, 2014

Merry Chipboard!!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Well it might not be the "Christmas" part as much as it is preparing for the holidays. I love making crafts, love decorating (with a glass of wine) and enjoy all the salutations and best wishes we all hand over to each other around the festive season.  Plus, everyone is in such a great mood!  So this is my 2nd Christmas craft of the season so far but my 1st one won't be too far behind I promise!  

I've used, what I am calling, a 3D shadow box, KIT-379 from Southern Ridge Trading Co. but it's not very deep, which was perfect for this project.  I covered it with some papers from Maja Designs "Vintage Frost Basics" and then distressed all with Momento cocoa ink.  
 

Ok so get ready for a picture heavy post!  First up is my tree square freaturing XMAS-146 and for this one I covered with a TH paint dauber, added some Frost VersaMark and some UTEE chunky embossing powder.


 Here I've done the same thing as above but added some Martha Stewart Texture for snow.


 The wreath is a resin piece from Melissa Frances I purchased some time last year and the bells were from a wine charm that I took apart.  ha ha ha!


I've covered all the presents with some more Maja Design papers and distressed with more Momento cocoa ink.  I've also added some Glossy Accents to the bow on the small gift and more Martha Stewart Texture to the bigger one on the left.


Oooo my center piece!!  Literally - lol!  This old Santa vintage image is also from the Maja papers and I've curled back the pieces around the image, distressed them then added some Gesso.  The corner pieces were from my stash so I also topped those off too.  


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...hee hee!  Added some twine, Martha Stewart Texture and Glossy Accents.


Another pretty resin piece covered with Wild Orchid Flowers and Gesso.


This "25" is a die from Tim Holtz but I've used raw chipboard from SRTC.  I covered it in some "Java Bean" Glitter Ritz - soooooo pretty - then topped it off with more Gesso.  Oh and that flower is from Prima and I'm so excited to say I've used almost all flowers from that package.  I tend to hoard so that's a big deal for me.  LOL! 


And last but not least!  Snowflakes from SRTC that I painted with a TH dauber and then added Twinklettes to cover.  If you click on the picture, you'll be able to view a close up and the Twinklettes are just crushed up glass fragments.  Very pretty though. 


A shout out goes to my friend Sheri who gave me a bag of super pretty laces and I've finally had a chance to dip into some.  THANKS!  The wooden star in the top left frame, the gorgeous pearl centered flower ribbon and the white Kort and Godt chrysanthemums are from LLC.  

These gorgeous wooden words are a preview and will be added to the store in October!


Well we are off to The Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival in Edmonton so hope we see you there!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment