Monday, January 5, 2015

Awesome Dude

This star circular frame FRA-497 (coming soon) from Southern Ridge Trading Company was perfect for this framed piece I made for my soon to be teenage son :
 It can be challenging to make cards for males, to combine the right colors, images and embellishments. This star frame was so perfect to use here with the Kenny K image :
For the frame I painted it with a nougat colored acrylic paint, and added a sprinkle of pale blue and gold embossing powder, which I heat set. Then I added some crackle glaze in a few areas and lightly sponged the edge in brown ink. The background is mixed media, ink sprays and molding paste through a stencil.

I hope my son likes this, and that you found some inspiration here :)
Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment