Monday, February 2, 2015

Love: The Way to my Heart Layout

It's hard to believe that it is already February and there are only 12 days until Valentine's Day. To get you into the Valentine's spirit, I created a layout using some fabulous "Love" inspired pieces from SRTC.

For my layout, I used "love" in a non conventional way, explaining how much I love my Starbucks Earl Grey Tea Latte. I'am not huge on celebrating Valentine's Day, but I love the amazing paper and embellishments that are offered around Valentine's from manufacturers. Without making you wait any longer, here is my "Love" layout.


Supplies Used: Authentique "Crush", Flowers from SRTC,  Tim Holtz Distress Glitter.


Here is a close up of  LOVE-507, my new favourite piece of chipboard that I can see using again for another layout. I painted it first with Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint and then added Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Glitter. When adding the Distress Glitter over top of the paint you need to add a layer of Glossy Accents over top first so that the glitter has something to adhere to. To make the love letters and the arrow stand out, I inked the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

 Supplies Used: Authentique "Crush",  LOVE-507 from SRTC, Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Picket Fence, Tim Holtz Distress Glitter: Spun Sugar, Distress Ink: Vintage Photo.


I started out covering PAT-417 using Worn Lipstick Distress Paint, but I decided that it blended in to the pink background, so I flipped it over and used the natural side. I inked the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, making it the perfect background for my photo.


Supplies Used: PAT-417 from SRTC, Distress Ink: Vintage Photo.


And here is the full view again now that you have seen each individual chipboard piece.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an awesome Monday filled with something crafty. Check out our Southern Ridge Trading Company Facebook Page and our Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog for more inspiration from our wonderful Design Team members. 


Until Next Time
-Katelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment