Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Glad You're My Dad - June Challenge - Masculine theme

I know, I know -- we all moan & groan about making masculine cards, but they really don't have to be that hard!! Especially when Karen has the most amazing pieces to use to bring your cards to life!



Since Father's Day is right around the corner, I decided my first project this month would be to do my dad's card. I started with some great background patterned paper and found a piece I wanted to cut out. Then I inked the edges & adhered it to the card, on which I'd also inked the edges of.

I took Karen's GAR-587 Cattails package, and used my new Glimmer Mist Moss colour & sprayed both pieces. Once they were dry, I took a brush marker in brown, and coloured in the cattails... I love how realistic they turned out and how easy it was to make them look fabulous!!


Once they were dried, I glued the smaller set to the patterned paper & on the larger set of cattails, I used pop up foam to give it some dimension. To finish it off, I used a dragonfly brad - because you expect to see dragonflies with cattails LOL! 


I added some brown pearls, nothing too fancy as it is supposed to be a ~MASCULINE~ card to finish it off.

I glued another of the patterned papers sentiments on the inside of the card - and can't wait to give it my daddy on the big day! :)

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see what kinds of projects you all come up with - we're always searching for new ideas for the men in our lives!

Cheers & thanks for looking! Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment