Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy Easter Wood Tray with Katelyn Grosart

Katelyn here, I'm back on the blog today featuring a Mixed Media  "Happy Easter"  Wood Tray. With our Monthly Challenge being all about Easter, it gave me the perfect amount of inspiration for my piece. Have you joined in in our Monthly Challenge yet? If not, you still have time to add your link to your piece. To view all the details about the Monthly Challenge and how to enter, head over here. With that, I'm excited to share my "Happy Easter" Wood Tray and how I created it, so that you can create it at home.


To start my wood tray, I applied a thin layer of White Gesso randomly over the entire wood tray. Once the White Gesso dried, I painted a layer of Blush Paint from Paper Artsy over the entire wood tray. Before the pink paint dried, I took a piece of paper towel and removed some of the pink paint to show some of the Gesso.  Once the pink paint dried, I placed my chicken wire stencil over top of the entire wood tray and blended Worn Lipstick over top of the stencil. To dry my stencil image, I dried it with a heat tool. Once the stencil image was dry, I took my blending tool and foam and went around the edges of the tray with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Once the ink was on the edges, I sprinkled Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder around the edges and then heat embossed them. 


Next it was time to liven up my Leafy Branches and Small Bunny  so I covered them in three layers of  Walnut Stain Distress Paint. 


The last piece I wanted to liven up was the Happy Easter Welded Words so I covered the word in three layers of Worn Lipstick Distress Paint. Once the Worn Lipstick Distress Paint was dry, I applied a layer of Versmark and then covered the word with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in Clear. Once the word was covered with embossing powder, I embossed it with my heat tool. 


The last piece I prepped for my tray was a small white doily which I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.


Some finishing touches for my layout included adding a variety of pink and white roses as well as white tulips and white flowers. I also attached the ribbon to the wood tray before attaching the doily. The last two elements in the bottom right floral bunch was the crystal hat pins and the pink flowers.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:
-40mm White Roses
-40mm Pink Roses
-White Tulips
-White Flowers

Other Supplies Used:
-Ranger/Dina Wakley: Paint Brushes & White Gesso
-Ranger/Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick & Vintage Photo , Distress Paint: Worn Lipstick & Walnut Stain
-Ranger: Ultra Thick Embossing Powder - Clear
-Prima Marketing: Wooden Trays
-Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder
-Teresa Collins: Ali's Pins
-Bo Bunny: Small Doilies
- May Arts Ribbon: Pink Flower Ribbon
- Hug a Bug Seam Binding Ribbon: Pink
- Crafter's Workshop Stencil: Chicken Wire
- Paper Artsy Paint: Blush
-Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: VersaMark


Thanks for taking the time to check out my "Happy Easter" Wood Tray. Make sure that you enter our Monthly Challenge! We can't wait to see what you enter!


Until Next Time!
-Katelyn








2 comments:

  1. Katelyn, your Easter tray is amazing! I love the contrast of the Walnut Stain against the brightness of the pinks and white blossoms! Just a lovely design and so inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete