Thursday, June 15, 2017

Country Window with Deb Antonick


As a decorative painter, I took this months project as a bit of a challenge. I loved the stencil to decided to play with some texture techniques.


I started with the stencil and DecoArt Crackle Paste applied with a palette knife.  It is important to let the Paste air dry to get the nice cracks. 
When dry, apply a coat of Gesso. 


I then brushed some random patches of Cobalt Teal Hue and Transparent Red Iron Oxide. And let dry.


I then brushed on a coat of Carbon Black Antiquing Cream.  Let sit for a minute the wipe off with a damp cloth or baby wipe. Antiquing Medium never really dries or cures so needs to be sealed with a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium to deactivate.


I love this technique, there are so May possibilities.
Apply a thin coat of the Crackle Paste to the base and allow to dry. Paint with Sap Green. Then apply the Antiquing Cream as above.


I painted the shutters and window crown with Cobalt Teal Hue, shaded with Prussian Blue Hue, then tinted with a bit of Transparent Red Iron Oxide.
I painted the window frame with White and shaded with Transparent Red Iron Oxide.
I found a vintage look flower picture from my stash and adhered with Matte Medium.


I carried all the colours into the bicycle along with Carbon Black and White to make a Grey from the tires.
I glued everything into place and added a tin heart, some flowers to the basket and flat back crystals to the bike tires.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


DecoArt Media:

- Gesso
- Matte Medium
- Crackle Paste
- Carbon Black Antiquing Cream
- Cobalt Teal Hue
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide
- Prussian Blue Hue
- Sap Green
- Titanium White
- Carbon Black

Additional Supplies:

- Palette knife
- Glue
- Tin heart, small flowers
- Vintage floral picture
- 2 x flat back crystals

By Deb Antonick









1 comment: