Monday, June 12, 2017

Mexico Scrapbook Layout with Charlene Byrd

Hello bloggers!


Charlene here! Thank you for joining me today! My husband and I recently had a fantastic vacation in Mexico with our dear friends. While there we went on our first camel ride along the beach, what a cool experience!




To create the Mexico word I started playing with Prima ArtAlchemy Acrylic Paint Sparks. They are so easy to use. Simply brush it on and you have instant shimmer! I did the word Mexico with Magical Pond and the top of the palm trees with Fairy Wings. Then I added a bit of Walnut Distress ink on the top of it. I really like how it added some depth to the chipboard piece.


To create the Small Pansy Arrow Border and the Daisy Frame I started by painting the flower with white acrylic paint. You could also use Gesso.


Then I added Barn Door Distress Ink. I then added Magical Pond Sparks paint to the swirls.


Once it dried I found I didn't really like the colour of it so I then added some Distress Glitter with Glue n' Seal over the whole chipboard piece. I love how it changed the colours and added some shimmer.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Products Used:

- Authentique paper and stickers
- Prima Marketing flowers
- Paper doily
- Paper butterflies
- String

Thanks for joining me today!

Happy Creating!

- Charlene


 


1 comment: