Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Christmas Keepsake Box with Erin Quiding-Sampson

Hi, I hope you all had a great long weekend!

  

 I’m back with another project for SRTC. This time I created a Christmas Keepsake Box. I used 2 of the new Holly Berry Branch chipboard pieces. I adhered them to the top of the box using a glue gun. 


I also glued SRTC Damask Corners to the bottom of the front and back corners of the box.


Then I took some Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Stain and covered the whole box and the chipboard pieces to give it that beautiful dark wood look.


Halfway through creating this I knocked over the entire bottle of distress stain so I had to improvise by using a spectrum noir marker (EB8) to complete the staining. It worked so well I think I will try it on purpose next time! 


I plan to keep this on my coffee table to hold all my received holiday cards but I think it would make a wonderful gift.  

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:



Thanks for looking ~ Erin











No comments:

Post a Comment