Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Life's a Beach themed Holiday Ornament with Tracy Moreau

I love anything and everything about the beach.. spending time  by the sea is cathartic, restores my energy.. I am happiest next to the water.  I have been making quite a few holiday ornaments with this theme, and thought it would be fun to add a few of these wonderful laser cut items to add the Bling I needed for the Holiday feel.

First I had to decide on colour.. I chose Decoart Sea Glass, ( it’s a luscious Vintage green… perfect for that Weathered look.) A little thinned warm White,   I applied them in thin washes and then sanded back through to the wood and  then applied a  a touch of thinned asphalt, just to add to aged look.


I base coated all of the Shells, Coral and Sea Gulls with a sloppy coat of Warm White, then, while the paint was still wet, I Sprinkled them Liberally with my favourite glitter. (Glamour Dust)


While the bits were drying… I traced on the lettering and then painted it using Warm White, and a #2 Rigger brush. A fine line of Thinned Asphaltum is added to the right side of each letter just to give it a bit of definition.
I used a bit of twine to make a hanger and then Spattered the whole ornament with Thinned Warm White.  Using a good quality tack glue I arranged the Shells, Gulls, and Coral on to the bottom left corner of the  little Sign. Once they were dry I added a couple of small ( real Sea Shells) to give it a bit more dimension.


These are fun to do and very simple! They make great holiday Ornaments for your Own BEACH themed Tree or as a gift for a friend.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used:

- DecoArt Americana Colours: Warm White, Sea Glass, Asphaltum, Glamour Dust ( Glitter)
- Dynasty: Faux Squirrel 1827, 1/2 Angled Shader, #8 Flat, #2 Rigger
- Misc: Tacky Glue

Designed By: Tracy Moreau









No comments:

Post a Comment