Monday, January 22, 2018

My Brother Scrapbook Layout with Charlene Byrd

Hello bloggers!

Charlene here. Thanks for joining me today. The layout I'm sharing with you today is a very special layout, one that was really hard for me to create but one that I felt my heart needed to create. As scrapbookers we scrapbook life, the special moments, the memories we want to remember, things that are close to our hearts. I want to remember my brother....forever!


Sadly he was suddenly and unexpectedly taken from us a couple months ago at the young age of 49. A mother shouldn't lose her son, a wife shouldn't lose her husband only 18 days after saying 'I Do' and I shouldn't have to say goodbye to my oldest brother at this early age. Life is just so unfair sometimes.

I am so thankful that I love this hobby that we share, that we can create beautiful pages to celebrate life. My brother will always be remembered by everyone who loved him, I will remember him forever and miss him everyday!




I painted the chipboard pieces with copper acrylic paint. I then gently sanded the edges to reveal a bit of the chipboard and added Walnut Distress ink to the edges.

This past year I have lost my step dad and my brother. It has taught me that life is short, too short. Be sure to tell your loved ones that you love them, take the time to be with friends and family. Do what makes you happy, and scrapbook those memories, for one day they may be gone. And to all of you reading this, thank for for following me. I hope that I inspire you to create beautiful pages too!

Southern Ridge Trading Products Used:


Other Products Used:

- Basic Grey paper and diecuts
- Prima flowers
- Walnut Distress ink
- Copper acrylic paint
- Twine

Until next time!
Happy creating,
Charlene




No comments:

Post a Comment