Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Congratulations Card with Jessica Kaiser


Hi!  It’s Jess here today with another beautiful card featuring Southern Ridge Trading Company’s most FABULOUS Chipboard!

I used the following Southern Ridge items on this card:





I really had a vision for this card - but it didn't exactly turn out that way!  Originally I was going to do a white on white on white card (I still might eventually!). This one turned out to be white on gold on black on mother of pearl ;) hahaha - soooo not the same thing!  BUT, I LOVE how it turned out. I did have one other issue with this creation - my trusty phone was NOT CHARGED while I created  - so I only have one prep shot (sorry - but I will do my best to explain my steps!).

Step 1 - cover your chipboard pieces in Embossing Powder of choice!
I used Versamark Ink & White Detail Embossing Powder (see supply list at the end of the post!) to cover the swirl. I did 2 coats of the white, and made sure it was well covered. 


(the one and only prep photo I took before my phone died! oops).

To color the butterflies, I used Versamark Ink and Super Thick Gold Embossing Powder. After 2 coats, I added a bit more Versamark Ink, then sprinkled on some Magic Speckle Embossing Powder!  I really love how it gives your chipboard a pearlescent/metallic finish! So pretty! To the bottom butterfly, I also sprinkled on some Sparkle Embossing Powder with the Magic Speckle - it gave it a bit more, well SPARKLE! LOL


Step 2: Embellish!!

To finish the card, I added a lot of different bling. I used some rhinestones from my stash, some HAI Round Clear Drops Sequins, Gold Crystal Drops and Fresh Snowfall Glitter Accents.  I stamped my sentiment onto some vellum with Versamark Ink and embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder.  My fave adhesive is the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, which I used to glue most items down (that along with some foam tape!).








Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:
- SparkleNSprinkle Embossing Powders: Gold Detail, White Detail, Super Thick Gold & Magic Speckle
- Tonic Studios: Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and Nuvo Crystal Drops - Bright Gold 
- Imagine Crafts: Versamark Ink
- Foam Squares
- White Cardstock, Gold Cardstock and Black Cardstock
- Rhinestones and Round Clear Drop Sequins 

Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you again really soon!

Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment