Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Let The Adventure Begin with Erin Sampson-Quiding


Hello I’m back on the blog this week with a Graduate inspired piece. I loooove this Stand-up bike! There are so many great ways to use it, but I decided to go with a feminine, graduation theme.

I started this project by painting the Stand-up bike and base with a coat of white paint. I allowed it to dry then went back in and painted the tires, seat, handle bar and pedal black and the spokes, silver.
I left the basket as it was and filled it with mini flowers and leaves. I joined some of the flowers together so that they would drape out of the basket. I used a glue gun to make sure they are really stuck.


I added brads to the holes for the chain but didn’t like how that looked so I changed it out with some bakers’ twine, which I liked much better.
I printed out the words “Let the adventure begin” onto some basic white paper and cut it into a banner. I adhered the banner to a 3-inch piece of wire that I attached to the bike to create my flag. I placed a graduation cap onto the pole.



I had some dimensional suitcase stickers that I added flowers to and wrapped a piece of bakers’ twine around then glued it onto the back fender. I added some blingy brads into the holes on both the front and back wheels and this super cute bicycle was done!
This bike project would be a great wedding gift also – Just changing out the grad hat for a bouquet or a veil would be fun.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:
- Decoart Acrylic Paint: White, Silver and Black
- Small paper flowers
- Glue gun and sticks
- Paint brush
- Brads
- Wire
- Bakers twine
- Stickers
Thanks for stopping in,
~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment